You want to reduce the overweight by using laxatives and you consult your health professional about this method. At the same time, you want to escape awful constipation which “say hello” to you throughout many days.
He or she agrees to take a few laxative pills for you in three days only. Then, you ask your doctor the laxative type you are going to take from their prescription.
And you want to make sure to understand these again. Chances are, you come to the proper place as I will make a deep understanding about the best laxative for weight loss for you right away.
Recognize the types of laxatives
There are 4 main kinds of laxative products and each will work on different points on the users.
Bulk-forming agents are also called fiber products. They make a natural gel to impact on your stool larger, so they are ideal laxatives for those who have regular constipation.
These will create a power to support your stool do more things in your intestines. Then, you probably have a frequent bowel movement more and more. After 12 hours or 3 days, the bowel movement process will “say hello” to you. You thereafter absolutely enter the restroom! This will occur from one week to 10 days. So, are you ready for this…wonderful… journey?!
Please keep in mind that you should use the laxative product under your doctor’s control. He or she may recommend the right dosage for you or daily doses in a short period of time. This is considered as a fiber supplement.
You need to add more fluids during the bowel movement; especially fresh water and juice as well. By doing this, you ought to balance the water level on your body and your cells can do its job without much hassle.
Your health practitioner may let you know that you will also have the disadvantages such as abdominal pain, bloating, allergic reactions, difficulty breathing and swallowing, intestinal obstruction, skin itching, etc.
Osmotic laxatives put water to your large intestine, making bulk and pressure at the same time to provoke shrinkages.
Please note that Osmotics probably make dehydration and the buildup of some minerals like phosphate and magnesium. These substances are harmful to people have kidney failure.
Thus, most doctors recommend us use it in a short period of time only (around 3 days only). Additionally, you should take about 16 ounces of water in each dosage.
With Osmotics, you obviously have the downfalls such as muscle cramps, dizziness, anxiety, fatigue, and electrolyte imbalance as well.
These products have an unexpected irritation like bisacodyl which produces the lining of your bowel and develops contractions at once. Most of laxative liquid or tablets will make a bowel movement around 8 hours while suppositories will perform from 15 minutes to 1 hour.
When you use the stimulant laxatives more dosages than the doctor’s prescription these make lots of serious damages in your colon and slow bowel motion in the long period of time. It means that your bowel does not wake up until a laxative push on it!
Like Osmotic laxatives, you should take them in a short-term in use only. The side effects of these laxatives include muscle contraction, discolored urine, and feces, some rare allergic reactions, anxiety, infrequent heartbeat, etc.
Lubricant laxatives or emollient laxatives
In fact, lubricant laxatives are safer than other 3 certain products as mentioned above. However, you should also use these in controlling periods only. They will make your stool softer such as castor oil, mineral oil or something like that.
These types will support fluids to mix with your stool and they then make your stool pass to another place easily.
The average speed of these laxatives can work between one and two days. Sometimes, the time could be longer (from four days to one week). Hence, this is a good opportunity for those who have chronic constipation to try to use emollient laxatives.
Potential drawbacks of using these laxatives include skin rash, the risk of cramping in the muscle and stomach, and throat irritation.
Other ideas to reduce weight like the use of laxatives
Instead of using laxatives for reducing overweight, you enable to apply some extra options. Furthermore, you ought to consume these choices for a while. Here are a few selections.
- Make a high-protein breakfast. When eating more proteins in the early morning, you will burn a lot of energy including cravings during the whole day.
- Say good bye with sugary drinks and fruit smoothies as well. If you want to drink juice, you should do it at home without adding sugar.
- Drink a half of water glass before each meal. By doing this, you will relieve the hunger and it prevents you to eat without controlling. Do it in 3 months and you may see the positive result!
- Find out more weight-loss foods such as vegetables without adding sauces, cereal, oatmeal, etc.
- Try to eat soluble fiber or use fiber supplements like glucomannan. These will reduce belly fat as soon as possible.
- Drink tea or coffee on a regular basis. Coffee and teas can enhance your metabolism that you cannot imagine how they work on your body.
- Enjoy your foods slowly. It is simple to understand this point because if you eat lots of foods, then you will have to eat faster. And the weight-reducing hormone does not have the chance to develop!
- Try to get deep sleep in every night. With a poor sleep, you will have the hunger; especially you often want to eat foods with sugar taste.
Eventually, you have an in-depth understanding of the laxative products. In my opinion, you could find out each type of the laxatives only to give the whole picture of using the laxatives. Do it if you do not have enough time to view further information. In addition, you will know the side effects of the laxatives. It is possible a huge bomb for long-term use!