I’m sure many of us are looking for the best way to lose weight. With the many weight loss pills available worldwide, it’s difficult to distinguish which products will have you get the rocking body you want to the beach! One of the supplements you may have encountered would be forskolin. Even just a quick Google search will have you see a bunch of reviews and products known to have helped users shed hundreds of pounds.
But does this truly work? Before you purchase a forskolin supplement for weight loss, learn about its benefits and side effects to see if it’s the right one for you.
What Is Forskolin?
Forskolin is a plant found in countries around Asia and East Africa. Its scientific name is Plectranthus barbarous, found in the mint family. The ingredient you find in the supplement comes from its roots. It was used as a medicine with pharmacological effects, helping with blood pressure and heart disease. Today, it is now more known for its weight loss effects because of its ability to burn fat efficiently.
There have been many studies on forskolin, with it being able to prevent diet-induced obesity. The study was conducted back in 2005 on 30 overweight men, where each of them took 250 milligrams of 10% forskolin
twice a day. Another study was conducted with 23 overweight women, with similar dosages as men.
The results? Scientists have determined that there is no direct link between forskolin and weight loss. The study on men found that the plant has given a positive impact on their body composition, decreasing body fat percentage and fat mass. There has also been an increase in both mass and testosterone.
As for the women, there were no significant differences in fat or blood. However, the subjects have reported less fatigue and hunger. Scientists have determined that forskolin isn’t directly linked to weight loss, but it can be used for weight maintenance and prevent weight gain.
Benefits of Using Forskolin
Don’t be discouraged by the results of the studies. Forskolin isn’t the ultimate answer for weight loss, but it has shown a ton of health benefits, all of which supported by scientific evidence.
- The ancient use of forskolin was to treat heart conditions particularly hypertension. A study shows that forskolin extract has been proven to reduce blood pressure and improves heart health.
- Forskolin extract has also been proven to lower blood sugar levels, which is helpful for diabetic and pre-diabetic patients. It can also maintain normal blood sugar levels.
- Forskolin has been used to treat asthma during the ancient times. It has also been compared to beclomethasone, which is a steroidal inhaler treatment used for asthma.
- Other studies have shown that forskolin can treat the symptoms of various other illnesses, such as Glaucoma and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- And like mentioned above, it has promising results to prevent weight gain in those who are already overweight or obese. Forskolin has been known to improve one’s body fat composition and even decrease the appearance of cellulite in weeks.
There are no side effects in various studies of forskolin administration, though there may be some potential issues.
Forskolin may cause irregular heartbeats. It might not be for those who have low blood pressure already or those who are taking beta-blockers or nitrates.
Other complaints include throat irritation, restlessness, and cough when using forskolin for asthma. It has also been indicated that it can increase the cyst size of women with POS. It’s best to ask a doctor before taking forskolin to assure that you won’t have these side effects.
I hope that this article informed you of the effects of forskolin. If you have any questions, then do comment down below or visit supplementreviewed.com for more information. I would love to hear your thoughts and inquiries.